Hi, I am Kai Wern.
Welcome to my blog. Here I write about
software and life. Some of the tools
I used day to day are:
You can expect posts about these from my blog.
I’m now into photography and drawing as well and am trying to write more consistently.
Currently, I am attending RC. During my time here, I’ll be focusing on:
- Writing simple database in Rust, inspired by Let’s Build a Simple Database tutorial.
- Writing a book about building a simple database in Rust, based on my work above and inspired by Let’s Build a Simple Database and Crafting Intepreters.
- Learning more about database and exploring other lower level system like networking, observability and etc.
- Publish and share more of my work publicly.
These are some of the side projects that I worked on in the past to learn, which now has been abandoned by me:
- TIL: A Today I learned web application developed
Phoenix. It includes basic features like adding post with Markdown and tagging. The idea of the application is inspired by Hashrocket TIL.
- Expendere: A personal finance management web
application which includes features like expense tracking, budget and recurring
transaction (bills). It is developed with
Ruby on Railsand a little bit of
Preact. Due to limited time (and interest) available, it is abandoned now.
- hbtrack: My first first CLI to track
habits! It’s written in
Rubyand still function well. But I stopped using it and use Streaks instead.